Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of raw cauliflower
Sugars - 2.4 g
Dietary fiber - 2.5 g
Protein - 2 g
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.057 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.063 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.53 mg
Pantothenic acid (B5) - 0.65 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.22 mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) - 57 μg
Vitamin C - 46 mg
Calcium - 22 mg
Iron - 0.44 mg
Magnesium - 15 mg
Phosphorus - 44 mg
Potassium - 300 mg
Zinc - 0.28 mg
Energy - 20 kcal (100 kJ)
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Cauliflower :
- The allicin in cauliflower is known to promote a healthy heart and reduce the risk of strokes
- Cauliflower contains selenium and vitamin C, both of which work together to strengthen the immune system.
- Cauliflower has been associated with the maintenance of a healthy cholesterol level.
- Being rich in folate, cauliflower is known to help improve cell growth and replication.
- The high amount of fiber in cauliflower improves colon health and can even help prevent cancer.
- Recently, it was found that cauliflower contains ‘indole-3-carbinol’, a substance that can prevent breast and other female cancers.
- The glucosinolates and thiocyanates, present in cauliflower, increase the ability of liver to neutralize potentially toxic substances.
- Cauliflower acts as a blood and liver detoxifier.
- Sulforaphane, a substance in cauliflower, can remove cancer causing chemicals and also stop the spread of cancer cells, even in the later stages of their growth.
- Researches have suggested that cauliflower contains certain phyto-chemicals that might help reduce the risk of some hereditary cancers.
The people suffering from the following ailments can benefit from the consumption of cauliflower:
High Blood Pressure
Kidney and Bladder Disorders