White Chikpea (senagalu) - 1 cup, Onions - 2 big, Tomatoes - 4 big, Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbl spoon, Elachi (cardamom) - 3, Dalchina chekka (cinnamon) - 3, Lavangam (cloves) - 3, Tamarind - lemon size paste, Jaggery (bellam) - 1 tbl spoon, Jeera powder - 1 t spoon, Salt - for taste, Green chillies - 2 or 3, Red chilly powder - 1 to 2 tbl spoons, Coriander, Curry leaves
- Soak chikpea in water for 1 night or 10 hours in water
- Boil them in pressure cooker, drain out water and keep
- In a pan fry ginger garlic paste, cut onions, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, cool them
- Grind the fried items in a mixy jar by adding little water into fine paste and keep
- Grind tomatoes softly in an mixy jar and keep
- Place kadai on flame
- Heat 3 spoons of oil or ghee
- Add jeera powder, cut green chillies, curry leaves and fry
- Add tamarind paste, grined fried paste of step 3 and boil till oil floats for few minutes
- When you observe oil floating in the kadai add grinded tomato pulp of step 5
- Stir well and boil for few minutes
- Add salt, red chilly powder, jaggery and boil
- Half grind few boiled chikpea and add to the kadai (optional)
- Add boiled chikpea into the kadai and cook for 5 minutes
- Off flame, add chopped coriander
- Dish out and Squeeze lemon while serving
- Chenna masala is ready to serve now..
- Goes well with puris, chapathis, roti, naan ...
- Can be served with onion salad, green chilly salad as side dish..
- Carrot and tomato salad also tastes good with this recepie
Post a Comment