3 cups Maize flour (maida) / All purpose flour
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter (self interest)
1/2 cup curds fresh
salt to taste
1/2 tsp baking soda (soda - bicarb)
warm milk for kneading
- Add maize flour, baking soda into a large rimmed plate or bowl
- Add butter, curds, oil and crumble with fingers.
- When dough is like course crumbs, add milk a little at a time, till a soft pliable dough is formed.
- Cover with wet soft cloth or cotton cloth.
- Cover with another plate on it and keep aside for 5 - 6 hours.
- After 5-6 hours,
- Knead dough lightly
- Break small portion of it, the size of a medium potato and roll into a thick triangle, using dry dough if required.
- Place on a pre-warmed griddle (tawa).
- Apply water on the top part with a cloth
- Invert naan and stick to griddle.
- Invert griddle and roast over the gas flame direct (or nothing like toasting over bar-b-que coals).
- Serve hot for plain naan
- Apply butter on it for butter naan and sprinkle few sesame (nuvvulu) seeds on top
- Naan and Butter naan is ready to serve now......
- If not you can use silver kadai to roast naan
- Just invert it and roast on its back..by applying water using cloth