Famous Indian traditional savories (pindi vontalu) recepie, now a days we find them in markets, many of us like to eat them but don't know how to prepare, its very simple and easy to prepare in home, its healthier to prepare deep fried items in home than buying in markets, since purity of oil is less in markets comparatively
Plain rice flour and legumes powder are kneaded together to give us tasty crispy recepie..
4 Cups plain Rice flour (biyyapindi / pachipindi)
1 cup plain Legumes powder (pappulu / gundla senagullu )
Red chilly powder & Salt to taste
2 table spoons Jeera (jilakara / cumin seeds)
7 b spn hot oil
- Take a bowl
- Add all the ingredients along with hot oil
- Mix well into thick dough using water as we do for chapathis, puris ..
- Place kadai on flame,
- Heat oil for deep fry
- Take murukula gottam / machine (available in markets), place the required amount of dough into it
- Press it roundly all over, into the kadai in low flame till enough space is occupied in kadai
- Deep fry in medium flame till golden brown
- Take out and place in an paper napkin plate
- Goes well as an snack, side dish along with rice and sambars, rasam etc...
- Tastes good when dipped in pickles (tomato / mango / coriander) and taken