INGREDIENTS: Oil, Avalu (mustard seeds), Jeera (cumin seeds), Urad dal (vudhi ballu), Chenna dal (bengal gram / senagaballu), Coriander, Curry leaves, Brinjals (egg plant / vonkaya), Onions, Legumes (pappulu), Peanuts (groundnuts), Red chillies, Dhaniya (coriander seeds), Seasame (nuvvulu), Dry coconut (yendu kobbera), Salt, Jaggery (bellam), Tamarind pulp, Turmeric (pasupu)
- Place kadai on flame, heat 3-4 spoons of oil
- Add avalu, jeera, urad dal, bengal gram, curry leaves and fry
- Add chopped onions, cut egg plant pieces or egg plant as it is (just cut it into plus shape and add)
- Fry till egg plant becomes soft / tender
- Fry few legumes, peanuts, red chillies, dry coconut, dhaniya, nuvvulu,one by one and cool
- Now make them into fine powder
- Add this into the kadai and mix well
- Sprinkle little water if required
- Add salt, pinch of turmeric, jaggery (optional), tamarind pulp, water
- Boil for 5 minutes, add coriander
- Dish out and serve..
- Goes well with special rice, plain rice, chapathis, rotis....