Jamun Powder (any brand) - 500grms,
cardamom powder (elachi) - a pinch,
red food colour - little bit,
milk - 2 spoons,
oil - for deep fry,
Water - for making dough,
Sugar - 1 Spoon
For Sugar Syrup -
sugar - 600grms
water - 640ml
cardamoms - 3no's
dry coconut powder - 3 spoons
- In a bowl add jamun powder mix well then add milk and water to make a soft dough keep it a side for 10 min.
- Now divide the dough into 2 parts.
- In one part of dough add red food colour (i have choosed red colour you can choose any food colour of your choice),1 spoon of sugar,cardomom powder mix well and make a small dumplings.
- Now take the white dough spread it then stuff the coloured dough into it and close it, make a jamun shape, repeat the same process for the entire dough.
- Now make sugar syrup by adding sugar, water and cardamom seeds, let it boil for few minutes and after that keep it a side and add dry coconut powder to the syrup
- Cardamom seeds and dry coconut powder gives nice flavour to the sugar syrup.
- Once all the jamuns are ready heat oil fry jamuns in a very low flame till they are golden brown then remove and keep it aside.
- After 5min again fry jamuns till they are light black colour, add these in to hot sugar syrup soak for atleast 3 hrs (as jamuns are double fried, make sure that sugar syrup is warm for 3 hrs. other wise these kala jamuns does not absorb the syrup).
- After 3 hrs. if u cut jamuns into half u can see food colour nicely spread in the middle of jamuns
- Now these jamuns are ready to eat and they tastes very good with all the nice flavour of cardamom powder mixed in the dough and also the flavour of dry coconut powder mixed in sugar syrup.
- Now garnish jamuns in a bowl by adding dry cocnut powder and almonds on top of them.
- Yummy yummy Jamuns are ready to serve hot or cold.