- Take a cooker, pour 3-4 spoons of oil, let it heat then add jeera, 4-5 fenugreek seeds only (these seeds make dal bitter if added more), dhaniya seeds, red chilly pieces, onion cutted into cubes, garlic pieces, curry leaves, turmeric powder, and fry well all the ingredients
- Now take red gram clean up, add them into the cooker, add required amount of water, mix well all, now close the cooker lid and wait for 5-6 whistles
- Now switch off the stove, let the cooker get cooled, open the whistle, then open the cooker lid, take out excess water into a bowl (can be added if required in middle)
- Now add salt, tamarind paste, coriander and hand blend it
- Garnish with coriander and red chillies
- Serve hot with rice, biyyapindi puris, chapathis etc..