INGREDIENTS: Oil, Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Bangal gram, Curry leaf, Onions, Salt, Tamarind juice, Turmeric powder, Coriander, Red chillys, Green chillys, Spinach leaves (palakura), Toor dal (kandhi pappu)
- Take a cooker, clean up spinach and toor dal, keep them in the cooker, add onions cutted into cubes, green chilly pieces to the same, then add required amount of water and close the cooker lid, wait for 4-5 whistels and off the stove.
- Wait until the pressure goes out completely from the cooker, now take out the whistle, open the cooker lid, remove excess water from the cooker and keep aside (can be added if required), now hand blend finely and keep it.
- Now take a kadai, Pour 5-6 spoons of oil to it, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, bengal gram, wait for minute then add red chilly, few onion pieces, curry leaf, let all fry well
- Later add the blended paste in cooker into the kadai, salt, turmeric powder, tamarind juice mix well all the ingredients, let it boil for 3-4 minutes, add chopped coriander finally.
- Now the dish is ready to eat with rice, chapathis etc
Do not use tomato in this curry, since mix of spinach and tomato leads to formation of stones in the kidney (especially for gents)
Post a Comment